Michigan Sleep Treatment to Avoid Relapse
Researchers are exploring two non-drug sleep therapies, delivered by telemedicine, for insomnia in people who are seeking treatment for alcohol use disorder.
Who can participate?
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- are between 18-65 years old
- intend to enroll in a University of Michigan Addiction Treatment Services (UMATS) treatment program for alcohol use disorder
- have insomnia
- have access to Wi-Fi
What is involved?
- Participate in 3 total nights of sleep testing
- Participate in 6 remote therapy sessions via video chat over about 6 weeks
- Complete surveys, wear a wrist-worn sleep tracker (Actiwatch), and keep a Sleep Diary for about 1 week at five different time points
- Participants can receive up to $605 for completing all study tasks.
This study is sponsored by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA- Grant # R01 AA028158)
Want to learn more? Contact the study team at (734) 232-0276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.